Monday, July 28, 2008

Thank God for DVD

So it looks like the first casualties of life-with-a-newborn are Wall-E and The Dark Knight. We were able to make it out to the theater a couple of times in the early weeks after Maggie was born, because she used to sleep all the way through them. But now she's awake a lot more and unable to make it through the whole movie.

It looks like we'll have to wait to see these two movies on DVD. I've heard a lot of great things about both of them, but I am especially sad about The Dark Knight since I wrote my first professional academic paper on the themes of fear and revenge in Batman Begins. I'm excited to see how director Christopher Nolan elaborates on these themes in the sequel. But it may be a few months before I find out.

For now there's Netflix.

No comments: